Friday, January 14, 2005

elvis has left the building

I wish I could put last night into words. But i really can't. next weekend ill post some pictures. Imagine this if you can...

At 8pm my housemates give their presents. Theyve told me that they're taking me out for a meal but they haven't told me where, but little strange things have slipped like dancers and men and i'm beginning to get a little worried. After opening some lovely presents we start walking towards Peckham and then vere off onto the Old Kent Road. They still won't tell me where we going. As we get closer Margot puts her hands over my eyes and Sam steers my body down the raod. A few trips later and Margot takes her hands away. I look up and I am underneath a flashing red neon sign that says 'Gracelands chinese restaurant'. All over the front of the restaurant is pictures of Elvis. Yes, my friends took me to an elvis themed chinese restauarnat. Thank you very much.

Inside, the place is empty. We're the only people there which means we can make as much noise as we like. There's photos and elvis memorabilia verywhere, mixed with tacky chinese decor. A very strange combination. We order off the menu and eat. Once we've finished over the loud speaker comes a voice 'Happy birtday Baci' (A very strong chinese accent starts singing happy birthday to me, and other starnage things...) and then out from the back of the restauarnt comes elvis. I kid you not. A little chinese man in an elvis siut; the white one only he has 'Paul' on one breast, 'elvis' on the other and 'chan' across the back. This is Paul Elvis Chan and he has infact chanegd his name to this by depole...the music strikes up...and then his battery in his mic dies so he scuttles off to change the batteries. Sorts his music out then comes back and starts singing a whole host of elvis songs in a chinese accent and trying to gyrate but just kind of shuffling. I ahve never ever seen anything like it. It was unbelievably hilarious. My housemates faces kept changing from utter disbelief, to fits of hysterics to shock to utter disbelief. I laughed til I cried. I ahd to dance with elvis and then we all got up and danced. And I have to say I had the best birthday i ever had. And it went on for ages and ages and ages.

Tonight is the big bash, drinks and then onto Fabric with about 30 people...hmmm...anyting could happen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home