Thursday, January 13, 2005

happy birthday to me

hello world, i'm 21...not that there's anything that being 21 brings you, except cheaper car insurance. Not really important when i don't own a car anymore...sniff...but yeah, it's my birthday and so far i've had the same amount of text messages as ive had cards and a substantial more amount of £pounds£...and yet it appears some of my nearest and dearest have forgotten...so if you're reading this...feel ashamed. very ashamed. becuase i am the centre of the universe and you should have remembered...

on a slightly different note, my birthday started off kind of strangely...margot, who I mentioned before, who's best friend's mum died asked if i would do a bit of a memorial service last night as the funeral was being held in the states. so by the light of a candle and with a couple of other flat mates, i read from the Bible and tried to comprehend issues of death and God's love with a non-church going catholic, a buddhist/new age/atheist and an agnostic. As the hand of my watch clicked to midnight and my brithday arrived we were talking about how death is the one thing we all share and margot shared memories of her friend. I'm pretty sure God was there last night and somewhere somehow i think he was whispering into the candlelit darkness of the room and of questioning hearts.

1 Comments:

At 4:59 pm, Blogger Maddy said...

Hey hunni, I hope you have a fantastic day today, u doing anything special this evening. I so havent forgotten that its your birthday today, just keeps slipping in and out of my mind, along with all the work ive got floating over my head like the sword of damocles. I am very sorry that I didnt text you earlier.

HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY

- i'd never forget! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home