Monday, September 20, 2004

jerkchicken sundays

'Worn out teddy bear' is a very apt description of New Cross. The culinary delights and hair salon options add to it's character and appeal. In fact I don't think ive seen anywhere yet where I, with regular english hair could get a decent cut. Maybe I should grow an afro. Yesterday our flat had a 'bonding dinner'. Forget Sunday roast... Caribbean Jerk chicken is far more culturally appropriate. After standing, all 8 of us, in a tiny takeaway for about an hour we rushed home (all the way across the road) to sample jerk, intending for this to be a regular sunday 'family' thing. 'Jerk chicken Sundays'. After half an hour (and later, one sick housemate) 'Jerk Chicken Sundays' had mysteriously changed it's name to 'takeaway Sundays'!

2 Comments:

At 4:12 pm, Blogger Maddy said...

I am quite gutted that I didnt get to say goodbye to you properly! As it gets closer to me going to Chester, I am getting more scared about it! I am still reasonably excited about it though, and reading your blogs has made it that bit easier to see myself there. (I think thats half the problem, that I just cant see myself there yet) I can see myself living in Chester, but the whole course thing, I think gthat will become more of a reality when I get there on Sunday.
Maybe the afro thing would be a good idea ;) as then you would get specialtist haircuts, or you could just have your hair done in corn rows, that could look very cool maybe :)
I love the idea of take away sundays! The person that was sick, was it the first time they'd tried it?!
On sunday, I was sleeping through the morning service because of doing night's, and Tim wanted to pray for me, but was asking where I was, then my Dad shouted out 'she's asleep'! (then everyone laughed apparently!) - so embarrassing! :) Tim did explain it though :)

 
At 7:34 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

Re: Mads comment: That's funny! Yeah well I didnt feel like it was real until i was actually here. No, I stand corrected, it still doesnt feel real. It's all partys at the mo and i think thats why i feel surreal still...i havent had more than 5 hours sleep for 4 nights. tonights the night i sleep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home