Wednesday, September 01, 2004

I'm a chef, nurse, psychologist, accountant, cleaner, entertainer, friend and family member

I've had an 'I love my job' day today. Actually I've been having them frequently for the last 3 weeks, but daily this one. Support work isn't a career plan but skills; chef, nurse, psychologist, accountant, cleaner, entertainer, most importantly friend and family member, have been valuable toward all. So why the sentimentality? Is it becuase the countdown timer has reached 2 weeks and the ending of segments tend to attract intensity in emotions? Is it becuase as time has dwindled confidence in my ability has grown? Is it just the combination of staff I've had the pleasure of working (and laughing at) with in the last few days? Is it becuase I've come to love our service users (yes, that is the name we attribute to the adults we support who have learning disabilities. Each is unique. Supposedly this protects confidentiality but something about it grates.) for their own little ways and rejoiced in the little improvements? Maybe just the cocktail has been pleasing. Yes i've had an 'I love my job' day today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home