Monday, August 30, 2004

times and seasons

"...they asked him, 'Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?'
He said to them, 'It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has
fixed by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has
come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and
Samaria, and to the end of the earth." (Acts 1:6-8)
I cannot help but feel this speaking to my soul into my wonderings of late. Recently, the plans I had for my future have become somewhat different from those imagined and I find myself questioning more now. But it is not for me to question. I will not know the times or seasons. I never actually did, I just thought I did. Jesus told the disciples to focus on being witnesses to the world of his love. As Rebecca reminded me on Saturday that remains our purpose when all other's are shrouded by confusion. It's time to focus on this again and not on lost dreams. The disciple's dream of a new kingdom was in tatters and Jesus went back home. The adventure was actually just beginning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home