Thursday, September 16, 2004

a change of scenery


london here I come... Posted by Hello

My lack of blogging for the last 2 weeks has been entirely accidental and is due to manic running around as the countdown is almost at an end. Where has the time gone?

As of Saturday my new home will be New Cross in South East London. Am I looking forward to it? Definately. Is it surreal? Most definately. I guess the decision took such a long time to make and I find myself doing something so totally different from what I expected this time last year. For back then, I was to be in Belfast for 3 years. Somehow I find myself back on the other side of the sea. I've spent 6 months as a support worker for autistic adults, am no longer with the person I was supposed to marry (ironically I'll be 15 minutes down the road from him), have spent a month in South America and have done a total U-turn of degree and city! And yet I am quite possibly happier than I've ever been.

5 Comments:

At 1:54 pm, Blogger Maddy said...

Loving the picture :) Its great to hear that you are feeling the happiest you've felt, ever. London will be so good for you as I hope Chester will be for me :)
I hope that you wont have any withdrawal symptoms from Elvis, I suppose you can still see him if you want :D

 
At 10:06 am, Blogger Richard said...

Will be up to see you soon! Take care.

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

You better be!

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

You better be!

I have arrived safetly...

 
At 12:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very glad you have arrived safely at your new abode. Have a great first week! Love AN & UM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home