Friday, July 07, 2006

this time last year...

Today is a year since the bombings in London. Fortunately, I was not in London that day, but in Copenhagen with some pals.

I guess today I've thinking, not so much about what the news has but where I was at this time last year. It's been a mad year.

Today I've been asking myself questions.

Am I more in love with Jesus than I was on 7/7 last year?
Do I understand grace more than I did on 7/7 last year?
Am I more transformed through the renewal of my mind?
Do I have the same confidence in the gospel, as was displayed with my sharing it with a random drug dealer last year?
Do I appreciate more the bigness of God, am I more prepared to be bold and corageous?

These questions have been uncomfortable for me to ask becuase the answers havent been as comfortable and easy for me to know, as I would hope.

However, what I do know is that, a year on, God still has me in his hand. He has not let me go. And Jesus is the one who is the same yesterday today and forever. Praise him for his faithfulness.

1 Comments:

At 12:56 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

those are brilliant, and examining questions to ask... uncomfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home