Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sitting in the evening sun. All thats stopping me from falling into the thames is the bench im sitting on and the barrier; metal, black. between me and the water. Waiting for Jon to return. I think. Rays filtering through my hair, making what i see, golden. Except i have brown hair. St. Paul's ahead. Wondering what life holds now. Through misted teary eyes, I pray to the God of my life. Silouhettes; bridges, water, plants, my bare legs, south bank bars; buisness men and end of it all women. Lapping waves on industrial beaches. People step over my legs in a bid to get by, Crazy kids, end of school dance on a boat sail down the river. One guy calls out: "get them off!" I sit. Waiting. Waiting for God to show me where my life might be. Sun dances on peaks of the river thames. I close my eyes. I wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home