Saturday, June 24, 2006

martial arts and the art of life...

I saw 'Fearless', the new martial arts film tonight. Amongst my joy of watching brill martial arts on screen, it reminded me of something more...Eastern arts are just as much about the mind and soul as they are about the body. To be a top martial artist is to use every energy the mind posseses in the control of the body.

How often do we fail to understand that about our faith? Jesus did not come to make us Christians but to make us human. He said 'I have come that you may have life, life in all it's fullness.' (John 8:32). Not that we would separate it off into 'spiritual' and 'secular' or those things that I do to make me 'godly' or 'spiritual' and then those that are simply in the 'neutral' zone of daily life.

As Dr. Francis Schaeffer said: "All of life is spiritual, except what is actually sin".

There is something so incredibly freeing about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home