Monday, February 20, 2006

awaken me

Were there but some deep, holy spell, whereby
Always I should remember thee...
Lord, see thou to it, make thou remembrance's load:
Only when I bethink me can I cry;
Remember thou, and prick me with love's goad.
When I can no more stir my soul to move,
And life is but the ashes of a fire;
When I can but remember that my heart
Once used to live and love, long and aspire -
Oh, be thou then the first, the one thou art;
Be thou the calling, before all answering love,
And in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire.

--George McDonald--
(Diary of an Old Soul)

1 Comments:

At 9:01 pm, Blogger Fi said...

mmm i read that once and didn't take it in at all.

i came back today, read it again and it really, really hit me.

nice one:)

xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home