Monday, December 05, 2005

bib evang waffling

Sometimes things I go to make me react totally differently from how I expect or come away feeling different from how I intend.

Biblical Evangliesm felt so totally different this year from how it did last year and yet by the end of it, what I walked away thinking was what I needed, but in a totally different way.This year I needed to be around passionate people. I needed to listen and learn and have some fun with people I knew. I needed to listen to some passionate teaching on preaching the gospel; to have my soul remember why preaching the gospel faithfully is so so important. And I needed to have the Holy Spirit remind me what I was living for.
(workshop groups)
I learnt never ever to amalogamate 3 sermons into one talk on one passage again. Despite the fact I had no time and thought it was the easiest solution for my talk. It really was a bad idea.

I just really enjoyed hanging out with lots of different people. Old pals and new people. some folk I hadn't seen in a good couple of years, others that are the 'usual' UCCF conference consumers. I had some random conversations and some productive ones. I was probably too negative about things in some conversations, particularly with pals and, in others I just talked a load of boring rubbish. But I received some beautiful nuggets of wisdom and I had a laugh. I had some sad news about a friend and I was encouraged to hear what's going on around the country in other universities.

Most importantly my mind is clearing and the gospel once again is refreshed in me.
And I'm just really grateful for being able to hang out with some really inspiring people this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home