Tuesday, November 29, 2005

one amazing bro in Jesus

haha, what a night

i should be in bed but im pumped cos I've just had the best night in ages.

After 2.5 hours of sheer PAIN at kickboxing. I mean PAIN, i toddled home looking like a dork in kickboxing gear AND the new funky boots. It's a good job it's south east London. Noone even bats an eyelid at people who walk around in PJs (oh, hang on, that's me too...on a saturday morning going to the corner shop. DOH)

Bill picked me up in the minibus(he's always driving it for college stuff-rugby et al) and we went to Greenwich...(oh yes, he knows what makes me smile!) We went to a Mexican place and ate TRUCK loads of tapas and nachos and drank red wine. And I poured out my heart and he did the wise Bill thing and said the wise Bill thing. Cos he knows me inside out, my failings, my strengths and can see what's happening in my life. It really helped. Like really helped. And i listened to his stuff too and I hope i helped.

Then we hung out around the Cutty Sark ship, opposite Canaray Wharf's blinking lights and right by the thames lapping up the banks.

I taught him some kickboxing moves and he taught me how to rugby tackle. I scuffed the funky boots doing some outrageous kicks and nearly went flying into the thames mid rugby takcle extravaganza. Then we did some sit ups and press ups. At 11pm by the Thames. Oh yes. We sat on the ground and chatted. We danced to a boat party's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' closing tune then walked through Greenwich.

We spent about half an hour looking at shoes in a shop attributing every CU member to a pair. Ridiculous. This was Bill's chosen pair at the houseparty. He really doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to style...;)
Honestly, the thing that I am most grateful for right now is friends like Bill. One awesome brother in Christ.

3 Comments:

At 8:08 am, Blogger Unknown said...

I have a kickboxing relay worker... scary...

 
At 1:43 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

kickboxing rocks...

next week i get graded with a belt. whoop woo...

but i can hardly walk today.

whos the relay worker?

 
At 10:41 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Debbie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home