Sunday, November 27, 2005

what's compelling me?

what's stopping me jacking it all in? quitting my role as president of the CU, part of the worship team and prayer ministry team at church, never going on any more missions or leading youth stuff, stopping telling people about Jesus?

What's stopping me completely selling my soul to postmodernity, to consummerism, to sleeping around, drugs and alcoholism?

Is it fear that I will lose my best friends who are Christians? Fear that I will be an outcast, 'the one that fell away, so promising, so gifted, yet fell away?' Like Susan in the Chronicles of Narnia?

Or is it the grace of God holding me? Is the love of Christ whispering something in my soul that I just can't walk away from? Holding me, guiding me, compelling me?

Lord Jesus give me strength to make it through somehow. I've never been more 'homesick' than now.

3 Comments:

At 5:24 pm, Blogger Kath said...

hey there, just a passing through, and hopefully won't freak you out too much, it's just that your heart isn't the only one aching out there, and I wanted to offer some encouragement that the ache inside you is the ache inside lots of us. that one day we will be home. that one day this life with all it's mess and burdens and pressures of people looking at our lives will be over and home is out there, (hebrews 11 always helps me when I'm feeling the way you seem to be right now..)

A quote that might help...

"Finally, I want to tell you that there is a heaven. The Christian life certainly is not a playground, it is a battlefield. You will have to face the world, the flesh and the devil. I wish I could tell you that you will never struggle with temptation again. But I can't. I wish I could tell you that you will meet Miss wonderful, fall madly in love and live happily ever after. But I can't. All I can promise you is wet eyes, a broken heart and a joy that comes through walking with Jesus. But there is one thing that I want to remind you of and that is that this life with all its struggles and woes is not all. Heaven is for real. Count on it. One day we who believe in our Lord Jesus Christ will be rid of our sinful bodies and will live in a brand new world. We will be free from all sin, all frustrations, all restrictions, all limitations and corruption. One thing is certain. The moment we enter into heaven, we will know for sure that 'All the present sufferings of this present time will not be worthy to be compared with the glory that will be revealed in us' All our sufferings- physical, mental, emotional, psychological, sexual, relational and spiritual will be over forever." (Bill Bygroves)

Hope that helps and isn't just random!
Kath

 
At 7:49 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

wow. thank you.

that's really helpful.

your blog makes good reading.

 
At 9:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good questions. For me personally, I've tried the walking away thing a little, but I keep coming back. Why? Because I've found that life without Christ is meaningless and purposeless. Because God loves me more than I can ever imagine. And ultimately because He created me to be in fellowship with Him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home