Saturday, December 10, 2005

beepbeepbeep beeeep beeeep beepbeepbeep

I can't believe it's 430am and I am still awake whilst being so utterly exhausted. More, to the point, what am I doing on the computer at 430am?!

oh well. Sometimes when I can't sleep I go through the last few texts that I've received just to make sure I've replied to everything I should have done, to delete old ones and smile at nice ones.

Texts are weird things. So impersonal becuase you don't use proper sentances, or even, words. They're impersonal therefore becuase you can't get across what you mean, tone of voice or body language. At least with an email you have limitless amounts of space to make yourself really clear. Many a time have text messages been misunderstood.

Yet, at the same time, they're profoundly personal. They reach a person just where they are, immediately. And they mean we're more frequently in contact with each other than we ever were before they came about. At times too I've been able to express things to people in text messages I may not have been able to otherwise.

Reading through old text messages is funny becuase of the situations, relationships etc that they possess. so here's the first 5 in my inbox from the last couple of days:

1. "Fanx Becci and amen to that. Ur doin a great job as well, so lets all be encouraged and keep focused on the one they call AWESOME! God bless have a wkd day"

2. "Its 6 in the morning and i just got in. bin talkin wiv a girl bout god. she hasnt bin to cu yet. weve agreed2 meet up evry week 4 a bible study!"

3. "Amen what an awesome God we serve, know and love. The God of heaven&earth who choses2live in us. Lets tell the world.

4. "Woah what a nite. Well done4 all your hard work. Man be encouraged. Would u like2go see the jeff wall at tate mod (itll be free with me)& i can show u some manet if u want. Let us know buddy.

5. ""Hey becci how you doing? I was just praying with aaron for goldsmiths and these vs seem relevant. Hope they are! Rev 2:2-7. God loves us as children before he uses us as workers. praise him and he will give you joy. Lots of love sal x"

1 Comments:

At 6:50 pm, Blogger Ed Goode said...

Hey becci

stumbled across your blog from HoveActually...the weird phenomenon continues. It's cool stuff man, praise the Lord...kep it up.
And yeh, i must have about 50 texts on my phone that don't actually mean anything but still make me smile!
God bless dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home