Thursday, December 15, 2005

24 (ish) hours of christmas...

I feel so christmassy...on tuesday night was the CU christmas bash...we went ice skating in the outdoor christmas rink in greenwich which was tres tres romantic and such a laugh!! Then we went to a chinese restaurant and ate food and I'd bought crackers for everyone which was fun.
yesterday was christmas day in 11 finland road. One minute I was dreaming, the next minute I had margot in a santa hat jump on my bed and give me a big hug to wake me up. Downstairs, christmas carols were blasting froma stereo! Margot made coffee and nesquik and we ate cake and croissants. kinda cute!Then we got to the serious buisness of opening our stockings which we'd all secretly packed full of presents the night before. It was so christmassy and everyone did really well with the gifts.

In the evening I went to the kickboxing christmas dinner. woobwoo. Do you remember the school days when it was 'non uniform' day and everyone looked really different and there was that element of 'what are they going to think of what I wear in real life?' it was totally like that...hehe...see, normally we see each other in standard, kickboxing trousers with huge nappy like butts (maximum flexibility!) and vest tops/t-shirts that are drenched with sweat. with hair tied up and bright red faces!

It was such a laugh. AND I passed the exam!! woobwoo! Although Lee wouldn't say what colour belt we'd each got...grrr...BUT he said to me that Im a really quick learner and would soon be challenging Jeff (best kicker in the club) with my kicking and be the new star of the club. *giggles bashfully*

We ate SO much food. Kickboxing is finished for the year which is good becuase I have bruises that need to heal, a strinaed groin that needs to get itself back together again and a foot I can't walk on...plus hey, i need to get some fat back!!

Some of us went to club sandwich at the Union (main night of the week). We stood in the queue working out which combination would clear the queue... "Matt, do a jumping spin kick - that should just about do it"...and other sad geeky kickboxing jokes!

Club sandwich was AWESOME. There were so many friends there and I spent the night dancing between kickboxing pals, CU pals (who were completely psyched that two of the CU had 'got it on'), housemates, Course mates and radio station pals. I pretty much danced the heels off my new funky boots ;( to tunes eclectically mixed -Hey ya, brown eyed gril, I wish it could be christmas every day...etc.!

I love the way the CU guys, wherever we are talking to their friends about Jesus. I loved having people yell in my ear "HEY BECCI GUESS WHAT? I JUST HAD A REALLY COOL CONVERSATION WITH XXXX ABOUT GOD! HOW COOL IS THAT?!"

Now Im waffling...hehe. Christmas was good. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home