Thursday, December 15, 2005

who will speak for me?

two of my housemates had the biggest argument EVER last night. Like full on. It makes me really sad and makes me long and cry for the day they know Jesus.

This term especially has really made me see that life really is (contrary to popular belief!) so much 'calmer' when you know Jesus.

My housemate Loz has recently found a song from china that she had translated into english. She wrote the music to it and has just recorded it. It haunts me every time she sings it and simultaneously fills me with awe as there is this refrain repeated time and time again 'who will speak for me and who will speak for me?' Every time Laurel sings it Im in awe of the One who speaks for me, who says I am part of the family. And it makes me want to run into Laurel's room and tell her that the answer to the question is Jesus. That Jesus will speak for her. If only she'll let Him. If only the 4 of them would let him. sigh.

3 Comments:

At 9:11 pm, Blogger Ed Goode said...

Hey man,
I know what you mean, it can be so hard living with non Christians, (I lived with five last year), but be encouraged, although we might not see any massive jump's while we're with them being faithful to God in that context has a real impact. Thats what i tell myself anyway! And i reckon the best way of pointing our mates to Jesus is by being real with our faith 27/ with them. I'll be praying for you man.
Merry Christmas from Lacey Green dude.

 
At 9:16 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

thanks mate...although i last time i looked i was a WOman...hehe!

 
At 11:48 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

ah, Reading students. Genius.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home