Monday, October 03, 2005

freshers freshed refresh them freshers

so it's the first day of term after freshers week. what a crazy crazy week. i could attempt to write poetically about this week but there's just too muhc buzzing around my brain and it never comes out right anyway.

God really excited me this week. Those new and big things, the visions and the dreams I have for Goldsmiths, the plans I believe God might have, and the desperations, londing, agony I feel to see God's kingdom come in Goldsmiths were glimpsed into this week. Just as I thought and hoped they might.

On Monday we gained access into all the halls and distributed 1050 John's gospels, put up posters and chatted to the freshers. How very cool. 1050 pieces of the Bible for every fresher! And apparently, we caused quite a few conversations. Good and bad. But people are talking about Jesus. Hoorah!

The events were semi succesful but more successful was having loads of people email and text wanting to find out about CU, wanting to come along and just being a prescence around college all week.



Freshers Fayre saw us signing around 90 people up to CU...and considering we only have 10 in the CU left...and around 25 people have sigend up to do a discussion/alpha type thingy. And there so many great gospel conversations throughout the day. woohoo! (pic=erica giving out "freshers packs")

On Friday night 28 people came to chinese and the jazz bar which was fab and 2 of those that came aren't believers yet but want to know more. I had an awesome chat with one guy who's dad is a muslim. he told me he now wants to find out the real truth and has come to us to find out. wow. This week I'm following all these guys up. with prayer and coffee and hopefully some divine action!

Personally it's been a tough week with issues surrounding the committee and general leadership issues. things i know are just part and parcel of leadership but still hurt. and also becuase God is at work there's always going to be opposition. We also have other outside pressures from other groups and loads of things kicking off. With which only God can give enough grace and love for me to deal with. And the wisdom to be the leader I am supposed to be.

My main concern is that i maintain plugging away at building friendships with those that know JEsus and those that don't yet. That I keep sowing the seeds and not get weary. For then there will, in time be a reaping.

That's my dream above all.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger Mr and Mrs in iMmoral claWs said...

Hey, thats awesome what you guys are doing at uni, all those conversations and chances to witness! Well cool. I'm off to Colombia in I think just 9 or 10 days now, for my 6 month gap year, I'm really excited! I'll pray that you'll see conversions on campus x x x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home