Tuesday, September 13, 2005

"It's great to be a Christian"

"It's great to be a Christian" was on the lips of everyone as Forum 2005 drew to a close on Friday night. 600 students and staff of UCCF had gathered together in the Quinta Centre to hear from God and get ideas and enthusiasm for the year ahead in our CU's. What an awesome week!

For me, Terry Virgo's talks on Romans were just phenomanal. Being reminded that we stand firm in grace. We don't slink in. And when Jesus was crucified so was our old nature which was married to the law. I am no longer a slave to sin. I am a slave to righteous. I am not a sinner but holy and blameless and above reproach in God's eyes. My body is used to messing up and so it's easy to fall down those ruts but there is no reason why I need to. I am a slave of righteous now! Hoorah!

Chatting through the year ahead with my new staff worker and the leaders of London UCCF was such an incredible blessing. To share the passion and vision I have for Goldmsiths and what God has been revealing to me. To be able to pray and cry for the lost with one member of staff was such a blessing and confirmed what it is God has laid on my heart.

To be reminded to stand firm in the gospel and stand firm in gospel ministry despite persecution got me resolutley longing for this to be my battle cry in Goldsmiths this year.

There's an exicitng year ahead and I long to see Goldsmiths as a college that worships and serves God. But there's challenges too. And I'm aware of things bubbling away. God is God of all however and my passion for this to be the cas ein Goldsmiths will come first despite what else is happening.

2 Comments:

At 1:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad oyu enjoyed Forum. Was good to chat - will be in touch re: media team...

Pod

 
At 8:23 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Hurray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home