Sunday, July 23, 2006

yay for the gospel.

So yesterday i had the strangest of days. i can't write what i was doing for the most part, will do at some point through, but at lunchtime i found myself in a cafe...

As I was sitting there eating some breadpudding and reading the guardian this guy approaches me and asks if he can sit with me as he doesnt like to eat alone. Obviously, a few alarm bells ring in the mind, but, I tend to get myself into these situations and good usually comes so...

he sits down and we get chatting. turns out hes quite a famous buisness man but now working as a charity worker. He tells me about his search for happiness that took him to tibet and back again and pushed him to study many religions and different mystical traditions.

I asked him if he'd read the Bible and what he thought of Jesus...

We talked for an hour about Jesus, who he said he feels the greatest affinity, and even love for... and some interesting pluralist ideas he has. What an awesome hour that was.

I took his number, after some deliberation, and explaining of my deliberation but did so in asking if he would be up for meeting up in a group with other friends of mine, or his who were interested in talking about JEsus and religion. He said he would.

My task now is to get that going when I am back in london and get some other people on board, some of my non Christian friends and a couple of Christians.

I am....excited!!

4 Comments:

At 7:47 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

wow, v.cool.

 
At 7:23 pm, Blogger Ant said...

Thats great. now I really want to know who he was, but you can't really blog that...

 
At 10:13 pm, Blogger Welshie said...

Yeah! Go God!

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger NM said...

Oi!!! Where have you gone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home