Friday, April 28, 2006

delighting in me

"Thankfully God is kind of stuck with us. And weirdly claims to be delighted with that arrangement." (Kath)

Man, how often i just wander through the day believing that somehow God puts up with me. That he's welcomed me into the family and yes, that he does love me. That he's satisfied to have me as his. But how rarely I actually meditate on the fact that he's delighted with the arrangement, that he rejoices over me with loud singing (zeph 3:17)


I need to tatoo that verse on my eyelids so that when i blink i will be reminded and when I sleep i will read it for 8 hours. Then I won't forget. The only difficulty then will be getting it from my eyelids into my heart.

2 Comments:

At 12:52 pm, Blogger étrangère said...

For help with this, read, pray through and meditate on Scripture using Piper's The Pleasures of God. It rocks.

 
At 9:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thank God that through Him, I have been made pure (as the prophet clearly intends by telling the citizens of God's wrath!)...through no work of my own, but by what He has already done. Thank God for grace!

Thanks for the encouragement Becci, I needed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home