Wednesday, March 08, 2006

mr wu sucks eggs

Never ever trust Mr. Wu. He may offer you delightful things but don't be taken in...

Pod had a meeting yesterday in the House of Commons so afterwards we got to hang out. Unfortunately we're both mega broke...to the point that going out for dinner costing £10 was going to be too expensive...SO...

I planned a little excursion. I told Pod that we were having a candlelight dinner and had a table with a view all for around £5 each. Before I left, I packed a bottle of cheap wine, 2 cups, a daffodil, 2 candles and some matches. "This is gonna be great" I thought to myself. "He'll love me forever for this." The pland was to buy pizza at a place at trafalagar square then walk down The Mall to BUckingham Palace. Whip out the candles, the wine, the flower centre piece and have a candlelit dinner for two on a 'table' with a view. The rain had stopped when i left. "Hoorah!" I thought' "This is going to be great!"

Hahahahaha.

We whipped around the National Portrait Gallery (discovering that the photography exhib i wanted to see had ended) and when we stepped outside? RAIN. Big fat ugly drops of rain.

I looked at Pod and stuck out my lower lip and sulked as I explained my plan. "DO you still want to do it?" haha. er, no.

So we decided to find something cheap and cheerful where we could sit inside. Mr. Wu becomed to us invitingly. £4.95 for eat as much as you like chinese buffet...yum

The place looked okay, we got inside and ordered drinks. There was this pervading sense of heaviness throughout the place. Noone looked happy. Noone was talking.

We got up to start at the buffet. Cold chips. Yum. Sweet and sour stuff without the sauce on it properly so it looked, well i cant describe what it looks like with out the sauce. Yum. Spring rolls with er filling of....er, nothing?! yum.

IT WAS RANK. It makes me feel sick thinkng about it again. They had 'basic food hygiene' certificates on the wall. Reassuring? I got one of those when I was 15.

The couple next to us werent even looking at each other, let alone talking.
Mr. Wu, what a let down. We couldnt eat anything. Pod went to pay. £13. And then they wouldnt take cards. HE had to go out in the rain and find a cash machine. And then pay with cash for a meal that resembled a dog's dinner. No, wait, pig slop.

Bah.

£13.

We got on the tube and went back to mine

We were hungry and ordered indian take out. £12.

in total...
wine-£4
chinese - £13
Indian - £12
My travel card - £5
£34

could have got us a nice meal.

So not only was my making the VERY best of our bad financial situation a wash out, our making the best of the washout was a complete flop. And then scrapping the siutation back with an indian (which was great by the way!) all in all compltely nullified the whole point of the little plan in the first place.

Our first attempt at economy drive failed. Who to blame? Well, the rain...that's God but God does what's best so no finger pointing there.

Mr Wu, dear Mr. Wu, it's all your fault. You suck eggs. And so does your food. And so does your service,

1 Comments:

At 3:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becci - have you tried 'Hot Stuff' in Vauxhall? You'd love it. Next time Pod's down, take him there. More info at www.eathotstuff.com
The no2 bus passes nearby.
Emma x

www.argybargy.biz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home