Monday, March 06, 2006

a big fish and a place called london

the signifcant thing about this weekend at new leaders was being there and not being a CU leader but having my sockks well and truly blessed off. I was there helping organise and lead the weekend which was such a priveldge and such a laugh. God knows what he's doing. Impeccable timing.

Mo McCraken spoke on Jonah. wow.

These are my lingering thoughts...

“And he said to them, ‘I am a Hebrew, and I fear the LORD, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the dry land.’”(1:9)

Despite Jonah's correct theology he still failed to apply it to his life and ran away...Speak to your soul. That's what I went away wanting to have happen. The stuff I know as truth,to be real in my heart again.

What an example of God's grace Jonah's story is. He disobeys and yet when he cries out, God answers. That's the kind of God God is. Amazing grace. I never fail to love to be reminded of that.

Ninevah, a pagan evil nation were turned around my God's grace. A super revival in the most 'unlikely' place. But with God there's no such thing as unlikely. How much do I share away form chatting to certain people about Jesus, and give up praying for folk becuase i question inwardly whether they'll ever be saved. Be rebuked Becci Brown.

Jonah, what an arsy, reluctant evangelist. Just as God is pouring out his grace in Ninevah, Jonah sulks. What makes Jonah's heart skip a beat? What makes him rejoice? Thousands of people saved? Nope! God sends a plant to shade Jonah and he gets happy. Jonah's priorities were nowhere near God's priorities. Where are my priorities? Am i so buys complaining about the things i have/don't have/want etc that i am totally missing the priorities God has for this world and for my life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home