Wednesday, March 08, 2006

i need to adore...

"As I studied Romans 9 day after day, I began to see a God so majestic and so free and so absolutely sovereign that my analysis merged into worship and the Lord said, in effect,

"I will not simply be analyzed, I will be adored. I will not simply be pondered, I will be proclaimed. My sovereignty is not simply to be scrutinized, it is to be heralded. It is not grist for the mill of controversy, it is gospel for sinners who know that their only hope is the sovereign triumph of God’s grace over their rebellious will."

(John Piper)
stolen from http://thebluefish.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

At 10:27 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Hardly a crime!

I long to see God's word so clearly, to have my heart stirred and inclined more to the glory of God.

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

powerful stuff, Bec. Really challenging. Was really challenged by the new converts in Acts 2 who devoted themselves to serving God and learning more about him. We SO need to remember WHO it is we love and worship, and really get to grips with how to do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home