Sunday, January 29, 2006

grace,,,sigh

It's funny how all the decisions come at once...and I feel spiritually ripped apart. Simply becuase I need to be. It's that thing about grace again. For a while we can plod again, making do with our understanding of grace and God's hand in our lives. And then we realise...

Someone really close to me said something that cut to the core of everything I haven't understood in the last few weeks, everything I'm not and need to be. And that hurts. But the bruising of this kind is the best kind. It wakes me up to who I really am and who God really is and how far my thinking is from what is reality.

I need to understand grace again, like I've never understood it before. I need to know that it's the beginning and ending of who I am and everything I'm called to be. That it's all I need and anything less is to rob God of his glory and place myself in a position that isn't rightfuly mine.

I need my identity to be bound up solely in not what I do, or accomplish or the leader I may or may not be but in who I am in God's sight. His precious child. Not becuase I merit his favour, becuase I absoutley don't, but becuase he chose to bestow his favour on me. In fact, I am dust. God is great and HE is the centre of all that is and all that will be. All the glory belongs to him.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, grace. I feel like it's something I'll never understand or even be able to adequately thank God for. It's crazy. Very eloquent post. Nice bunch of flowers there too! Rich told me about your UCCF man :-) Nice one.

You're so right about the flirting. Saw him for the first time in ages today and it was clear he still wanted something and I found it HARD to nit flirt back. Man, gonna need God's grace here, right?

Take care luvvy xXx

 
At 9:37 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

man, news is travelling very fast!! hehe, the flowers in the pic arent the ones i got....theyre quite ugly. the ones i got were much better. they had tulips too-bonus points to the boy-theyre my favourite flowers!

haha yeah, man the grace of God. need more. need more. need more. Need to just start having it applied really!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home