Monday, January 23, 2006

me, the train and everybody I don't know

I was on the underground today, on one of those trains that's stuck becuase of some faulty train ahead. 10 m/h max speed and stops in the dark scary, rat infested tunnels every second minute...It was rush hour. So not only was the train stuck, so was i. Between the armpit of one man and the back of another.

So I decided to get out my cadbury's cream egg that I'd be saving for such a moment as this...How do you eat yours? I bite off the top and lick out the insides with my tongue until i can reach no further. Then I nibble the chocloate down and lick some more. It's a work of taste art. And noone even batted an eyelid...

Next stuck moment later I looked up and saw a man looking at me. (the egg had gone by this point) He smiled at me. He smiled at me?! Noone smiles at you on the tube. I couldn't get a wavering eyelid as I ate a creme egg like a child and yet he smiled at me just for merely existing. That, my friends, is a carnal sin on the tube. I noticed he looked foreign. 'Probably not been in london long,' I thought. 'Bless him, he'll learn soon enough.'

9 Comments:

At 12:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The NatMac Challenge: #1

IF you are looking for attention whilst on the underground, then I challenge you to explore and exaggerate the bumpier side of riding...throughout the whole journey...and even when the train has stopped...then we shall see how many people look at you...

...and despair...

 
At 1:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want me to track him down and beat the living day lights out of him? Whatever though...I'm easy...

 
At 2:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite game of the moment is to buy a mcdonalds apple pie just before I get the tube home an dthen wait till i'm on the tube to eat it. Many envious glances result HA. (yes i am sad and unfulfilled presently)
GA

 
At 4:16 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

haha...Gangster al, and Nathaniel...i may have to exlpore those ideas. particularly the apple pie one...hmmhmhmm, apple pie. podbo, he SMILED at me, get over it!! ;)

 
At 4:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - this is SO cool! My two best uni mates commenting on your blog! It's like an old renunion.

 
At 11:18 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should moonwalk in celebration
GA

 
At 1:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing it right now!

 
At 11:26 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

you're SO gonna be made to do that when i see you next week. yes sir-ee you are...!!

 
At 12:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha - you ganna' make me!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home