Wednesday, January 11, 2006

when the dust clears...

Eventually, when I've worked the angst out of my system over this essay and I've got over my feelings of shame to do with the fact that I can't write a convincing enough argument for the case of faith, this time. What am I left with? I'm left with not only a belief that I am right but with a heart that is beginning to break again for these messed up academics, many of whom are in my department, whose stuff I am quoting, who have no hope, have no peace and are lost wandering in a sea of subjectivity and loss of absolutes.

And I ask God to give me a heart that will see this even clearer. That won't be intimidated that I don't have the answers but one that longs to reach out with those that I do. To proclaim that 'then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.'
If you hate the taste of wine;
why do you drink it til you're blind?
and if u swear there's no truth and who cares;
how come you say it like you're right?
Why are you scared to dream of God;
When it's salvation that you want?

You see stars that clear, have been 'dead for years'
But the idea just lives on.

In our wheels that roll around
As we move over the ground
And our day it seems
Weve been inbetween
A past and future town

We are nowehere and it's now
In like ten minute dreaming in the passanger seat
While the world was flying by...

4 Comments:

At 2:07 pm, Blogger Nathan said...

Good on you for taking it on and sticking with it! Bet you're glad it's over though! It can be so hard but it's such a blessing when we take on the challenge of the gospel and use our full brain capacity to reconcile our doubts and fears with what we know to be true. At the end of the day it's always God Himself who steps in and reassures us that we're not crazy and our striving is not in vain. God really does honour it when we stick our necks on the line in our degrees. I had to do it a fair few times and it's true that although it's tough and some people might think you're mental, we ultimately won't be put to shame. Yipee! (and that's a word I don't use often)

 
At 5:32 pm, Blogger Daniel said...

I'm up with Mr DP...
We would end up robbing God of the glory that is rightfully his through his salvation of us.

This was all something we had to work though as well (the things geographers do!) and Keith Stokes helped me eventually to see that some things are left a mystery.

Deut 29 v 29 - The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

Isn't university great! Its great we get to struggle with these things. God uses even academics to glorify himself - in this case through our greater understanding of who He is.

 
At 12:07 am, Blogger the pink midget said...

To the nicest stranger I know...lol I get little comments from you once in a while...but other than the fact that you know the Duncalfes...and the fact that your blogs are extremely interesting, I have no idea who you are! And you never put a full picture of you up! lol I am totally mystified~

 
At 2:18 am, Blogger becci brown said...

haha, the duncalfes are my family...rich and phil are my cousins! I enjoy popping by your blog from time to time. Welcome to mine!

there is a picture of me...theres plenty actually..maybe youve just missed them. Try clicking on 'January 2006' in the archives then scroll down to the bottom of the page or on 'october 2005'..im wearing the white top lace top in the post 'lifestyles of the rich and the famous'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home