Monday, December 19, 2005

you and me and all of the people

SO Ive been thinking about intimacy in the last few days. intimacy, of the friendship kind...

i thought about it when i prayed with little miss eric last week and had lunch with her and realised we've totally driften through this term and hung out way too little and been involved way too little in each others 'hoorahs' and 'grrs'..(eric and i at Bill and Victorias party on sat)

and how, this is true for many of my friends this term. We've not really been the best of friends to each other. kinda wrapped up in our own selfish lives. This is gonna change.

I thought about it yesterday when Adrian Jervis and i were chatting at church about our characters and I said something about mine. Soemthing that I'm not particularly fond of, but not the end of the world and he said he hadn't seen it, but Esther, his wife, had. It felt kind of uncomfortable that someone could see that about me. and nice i guess that we could be that honest about it. I thought about it through all the various christmas shinanigans last week and how generous my friends are...ipod, silk slippers, beatles cd, jewellery, purse, etc etc and when my housemates left for their various christmases how i long that they would know the greatest generosity of all

i thought about it last week when i thought i would be losing a best pal becuase of the complications of love. And how you can be totally known inside and out by someone-they can know your weakness and your strengths, been there when you've been at your worst and at your best and still think you're amazing and love you conpltely. That's the most freeing of friendships and fortuntely, the bond of this kind of friendship SEEMS to be stronger than a broken heart and awkwardness.

Which, most importantly links into this... I thought about it today when I bumped into Hilary in Lewisham. She doesnt come to CU much as shes involved with a fusion cell but she rocks. And we chat from time to time. She told me the biggest thing God was challenging her about was intimacy with him. That we rush around DOING but dont spend enough time just BEING with God. Stopping and spending time with him. And when we do that we find things work out through that anyway. so so true. i know ive struggled so much to protect that intimacy with Him this term.

ANd, man, above all, I need THAT kind of intimacy the most. To climb up in His lap and let my heavenly father sing over me...

So intimacy...with my friends and my heavenly father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home