Wednesday, March 09, 2005

medical disaster

I am now the proud owner of my first broken bone. sniff.

Picture this: I am coming back from interface (arts discussion group for students in the arts) with ally and another friend, Simeon. We are at Tottenham Court Road station. There are two options which face us-the northern line or the central line to get us to London Bridge. I know that the northern line is the best and right option, so i keep walking and have just stepped on the escalator when i realise neither simeon or ally is with me. I turn round, just as they yell: 'come back Becci...it's not right..." So, traversing down the down escaltor I attempt to run back up. Back up the down escaltor. not a good idea. I lose a shoe (for the second time that day-the other time was going up the steps aqt college when i get ot the top and realise i have only my tights on my feet. my shoe, well, it is halfway down the stairs with other studetns looking at it, looking at me, and slight confusion all around.I pick it up.) And well, I go flying. Flat, on my face on the escatlor, as it continues to travel down. attractive. And my toe is twisted underneath me. I stand up, regain my dignity and realise my big toe of my right foot isn't feeling happy. So yes, I am now the unhappy owner of not just an egg on my knee and a cut on my left foot, certian amounts of embarrasment - at least it was only infront of my ex-boyfriend and a very good friend...and yes, a broken toe. a broken toe.

ally and sim laughed. then when 5 minutes later i refused to walk any further, pale in the face from the pain, they took me seriously and i got a piggy back all the way on the tube, through waterloo station and even when ticket buying. I also think they felt guilty for being proud men. I was after all, right. of course.

6 weeks a broken big toe takes to heal. and do i get a plaster cast? nope. do i get crutches? nope. I just have to walk on the thing, strapped up, in agony. marvellous.

Really. I am a medical disaster at the moment. I've been to A&E once, been to the emergency NHS drop in centre twice, had 3 paramedics and a neenawneenaw called for me, a scan on monday for my suspected gall stones and a broken toe all in the space of a month and a half!

At least when i become a tax payer, I'll know that the part that goes to the NHs has been well used by myself.

6 Comments:

At 3:57 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch, though it does sound strangely comical. Maybe its just the way you tell it.

Will we have the pleasure of your company at Word Alive?

 
At 8:26 pm, Blogger Maddy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:26 pm, Blogger Maddy said...

Hey Bex :) not so good about the broken toe, but have to agree with 'bluefish' that you tell it in a really funny way! Yeah, didn't you have to pay tax when you were back for a year...? Keep going...it will ease :) love ya x

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

Dave - I'm afraid I won't be gracing word alive with my prescence. Our term doesn't finsihs til the 23rd. No offense to UCCF but come on?! I thought the whole point of changing the dates was so more students to go. Okay so maybe that is a litle offensive to UCCF!! ah well. Enjoy WA dave.

 
At 1:13 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

If we're being fair I think the tagline was more "since it's out of the normal slot there will be more student spaces...". And all my students are finished before it starts... how come your uni isn't...

The timing has more to do with when Easter is than trying to make it awkward for you, but I grant we are conspiring against you,... us and the escalators! :)

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

Yeah I know!! Tis ok. Actually, as it turns out there is a fair few unis who can't make it becuase of term finishing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home