Thursday, February 17, 2005

if you love somebody

'They say if you love somebody you've got to set them free...'

God has the most incredible, impeccable timing. I mean don't get me wrong, having the person who this time last year was head over heels in love for you and were 95% convinced you'd be walking down the aisle in a year or two tell you he's seeing someone else hurts. well it hurts alot. But there's a weird dichotomy that I've never felt so strongly as I did when I put the phone down.

Somehow I knew. Call it prophesy, call it being in tune with God. I don't know. Call it God's awesome grace in his dealings with me in the last few weeks, but I feel at peace and I feel confident, I feel loved and God's timing was impeccable. absouletly impeccable.

There comes a point when you have to let go. totally. and it isn't just a letting go it's a surrendering, a surrendering to the plans of one who cares totally and also a surrendering of memories-good and bad, a surrendering of the hurt and anger, a surrendering of all the hopes and drems that lie in tattered pieces to the one who ultimatley restores and heals. But more than that, showers so much grace and joy and has incredible depths to mine. The more I dig the more I realise how muhc more beautiful he is.

don't get me wrong there are some dark points in this journey but by the strength of the one who gathers all my scattered longings I am stronger, much stronger than I ever thought or imagined I could be.

God works in crazy ways and his timing is impeccable. It's at points like this that I realise when my scattered longings are some what more gathered in the source then they're not only more ordered but there's perspective and hope that rises above circumstances.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

true.

maybe, the things we want to be filled from God are not the things he has for us. we can never be happy and content until we start rejoicing for what we ahve. In every circumstance and not looking round the corner. Begging to be filled with the things God wants us to be filled with not begging to eb filled wiht the things we want to be filled with. that's true surredner and hat's where true happiness comes from.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home