Sunday, October 24, 2004

where have all the postings gone?

The concept of blogging still frightens me hence the scarcity of my posts. My private journaling continues day in day out, or, if I'm particularly busy or particularly emotional anywhere from 3 times a day to twice a week. So why do my words stop flowing when I'm staring at a screen rather than a page? Business comes close to an explanation but doesn't cut all the way. Lack of internet access in my room also contributes but I think rather it's that fear that comes with pride. The fear of failing. The fear of having to look at what I've written and being embarrassed by it's lack of literary excellence and knowing that out there in cyber space there are others, not just myself, reading what I'm writing. And that's why my writing is scarce and the enthusiasm with which I started out has waned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home