Monday, April 03, 2006

Christchurch.

This morning I am recovering from Christchurch weekend away and attempting to finsih an essay before travelling late to Word Alive tomorrow.

The weekend rocked. Just one of those times when I realise I do actually love my church, and staying was the right decision. Community takes hard work. But sometimes it doesn't and this weekend showed just how much of a family Christchurch is. So open and honest and just mad and crazy. Singing that was so joyous and such a sense of fun. And just lots and lots of prayer ministry and recommitmment which i guess is such a huge part of community.

We shared communion on Sunday morning and as I went up to Hugh to receive the bread he said "Becci (lookng straight at me), remember that Jesus died for YOU." Funny, how we can know something and then at times it suddenly impacts us. For Me. It made me cry.

As I watched everyone else go up, receive the bread and wine and the oily forehead thing I was just overcome with awe at God and his salvation. Every work of salvation is a miracle but when I look at those of us that make up Christchurch I can't help but just be blown away by God's grace in saving such a bunch of us messy people. And that made me cry too!

Christchurch has been quite a tough place for me to be over the last couple of years. At the start, becuase grace was so evident and practised so faithfully, it forced me to be real about myself and come to God and others with honesty. It's great but it hurts. And in the recent months I've found aspects of community just plain hard work for many reasons. This weekend I fell in love with Christchurch again, not becuase it's always easy but becuase they're so gospel focused and so open and honest and just want to know Jesus more and make him known in Peckham. And that's what's important. And it's been important for me to just get stuck in and keep going.

1 Comments:

At 4:30 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

you went to WA?! No way! Me too!! What were you up to? I was helping with the 5-7's, totally awesome :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home