Friday, March 31, 2006

Imogen heap

"Here are electronically manipulated voals, airy keyboards and robotic beats synthesized and processed until every groove sounds manicured , yet the music is still warm and affecting."
Last night my cousin rich and I went to see Imogen Heap in concert. For free, oh yes. I got the tickets through the college radio station I do stuff for occasionally. It was amazing. Imogen Heap has this incredible style where her voice takes centre stage but all the other instruments she plays are just as incredible too. It's a real eclectic mix of styles and it's just absoutley amazing.We also had passes to the after show party 'VIP' stickers. woo. It was an open bar and there were lots of people there looking all important...I'd been given the tickest by a girl who works for heart media and asked if I want to be involved with the stuff they do. Kinda cool. but er, kinda random.

Anyway, Rich and I were just deciding to leave when Imogen Heap comes in and stands right next to us. She is SO tall. She was chatting to a couple and we were going to have barge, literally barge, past her to get out. And it would have been rude to not say something as we passed about the concert.

This is what came out of my mouth as I lightly touched her arm: "Well done, that was great, thank you." She kind of looked at me bewildered. I felt a little stupid. Basically what I'd said was a combination of what I say to someone who's led CU for the first time or doen a talk or something and what I say to a preacher at a church when it's been great. What does one say in a situation like that?

It was weird how what I would say in a Christian setting made me sound kinda arrogant, like I knew what I was talking about and had the right to tell her that it was great. Kinda patronising, but in churchey places its 'encouragemnt'.

Blah, anyway, it was great.

3 Comments:

At 6:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having a touch of deja vu...

 
At 7:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you know the 'gotan project'? electronic tango. very buenos aires. think you might like...

 
At 7:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops. that last comment was from me.

emma balch
www.argybargy.biz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home