Saturday, November 05, 2005

thinking about you. thinking about them

Ive been thinking alot about the last few years and all the places ive been and all the friends ive made and said goodbye too. And all my family in south america and PNG who I hardly ever see.And my sister and husband on a ship travelling round the world. And how relaitonships are just so fleeting at times. And so surface.

And then there's friends where there's this crazy connection that hurts when it's not there and there's little reminders. like dreams and like emails. I got one such email today. I miss belfast and I miss the likes of elizabeth. i kinda feel lonely for those days. and derby days. and colombia. And all the places that I've left behind.

"
To the Beautiful Becci Brown...

I've been thinking about you- wondering what you're doing, how you're doing, how uni is treating you, what you are beginning to learn from your work this summer...

Your blog sounds like you're going through a 'dark' time, as you said. The pits? Rock bottom? I don't know what people call it. Those times in life when you're wrestling through so much and trying to figure out who you are and where your puzzle piece fits into the big puzzle of life.

As I was reading some of your blogs, I thought to myself, "Yeah, this girl isn't an ordinary girl." I never thought you were. You are so beautiful and solid and there's just something in you that longs to go deeper and let Christ reign in all areas of your life. The way that you display your love for Jesus is admirable, and the passion that comes from that is genuine. I know that I haven't seen you for a while, but I know that He is still doing great things in you, because our God is faithful. I wish that I could bump into you on a busy street in London, run into a coffee shop and sit for hours while you tell me about life. I want to hear about your work with refugees this summer. You must have learned so much! And I want to hear what your housemates are like. And I want you to tell me about your classes and family and what you're learning right now. I wish that could happen. :)

Ths has been a very eventful week for me. Pretty intense- my parents moved over to Germany in September, and my younger sister, who just finished highschool, went over a couple weeks ago to spend the year there with them. On Sunday, I got a message that Hannah had suffered a massive epileptic seizure while on a retreat, and she was unconscious in the neurological ICU in Germany. As I was sitting on this side of the ocean, begging God to spare her, and also sometimes feeling kind of helpless, someone encouraged me to look at Isaiah 41. I wanted to encourage you with that chapter. I was on my way to lead morning prayer on Tuesday morning, and I read it as I was walking there. I was blown away with the reminder that we serve a HOLY and POWERFUL God. He holds you and loves you, Becci, and He will renew you. I encourage you to read the chapter, but read it outloud. It's pretty powerful. A few verses after the one where God states that He will uphold you and strengthen you because HE is your God, says, 'Behold, I have made you a new, sharp threshing sledge with double edges; you will thresh the mountains and pulverize them, and will make the hills like chaff.' I am encouraged by the promise that God will continue to sharpen us. I wanted to encourage you with that.

Hannah is conscious and back at my parent's house. One of my older sisters flew over yesterday to be with her for a few days (her church paid for her to go). God is so gracious, and this has been a big testimony to me of the power of prayer. There were so many people and churches praying for her. And today my oldest sister Sarah (I have 3) started having major contractions and is soon to give birth! So it's been crazy.

But I don't want to ramble right now. I would love to be more in touch, if you have the time. I know that you must be incredibly busy. But know that I really appreciate who you are. Continue to pursue holiness, my friend!
Lots of love,
Elizabeth

"

3 Comments:

At 10:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me asking but what were you doing in Colombia? I'm looking into the possibilities of going there next year... Also have you any advice/suggestions in way of preparation? I'll check back here if you have chance to answer! Thanks :-)

 
At 10:24 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

hey! How did u get to my blog? welcome! I have 21 family members in colombia and venezuala so i spent the summer out there with them!

What would u be doing out there? Don't go by yourself, it's still very dangerous and there were lots of places i wasnt allowed to go and i wasnt allowed beyond the neighbourhood by myself!!

It's awesome though and well worth the trip!

 
At 12:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm not quite sure how i got to your blog... i think it was through following links on other peoples blogs, it all gets a bit confusing after awhile!!

Thanks for your reply about Colombia. Wow, it must have been great to have spent time with family there! I'm looking into the possibility of doing some social ministries type stuff there, still waiting to hear back though as they may not think it's safe enough for me to be there. The blessing about it is that i feel like God's taken it out my hands so i'm just watching and waiting to see what He's going to do! It's great not to have the pressure of trying to work it all out myself! I'm learning to trust and keep a quiet heart!!

Thanks again :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home