Wednesday, October 26, 2005

achievement

In an hour I have to go to an award ceremony and pick up £500.

I've been thinking about achievement. I can't really express this succinctly other than to say, that my housemates acheive alot. For example one of my housemates is a DJ and is going to do her stuff at the MTV Europe awards. Her life and time is consumed by this.

I, on the other hand have my life and time consummed by CU. by spending time with people and organisation which has no 'obvious' rewards. And my housemates don't know or understand.

And even in this at the moment I feel a failure.

But that's not the point. I know eternally something is happening and that keeps me going.

Except today I get to be presented with an 'academic acheivement' award for being in the top 3 students in the sociology department last year. It's very cool and I'm very pleased and I know it's all God.

And I'm very grateful. £500, who wouldn't be?

But I'd rather see another 99 people come to faith this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home