Monday, November 22, 2004

gathered together

Recntly, with all the hype of london, photo assignments, essays, settling in and too many weekends away i found myself and my longings being somewhat scattered away from their source. not in an outward rebelious scattering but in that subtle way when your guard isn't as high s it should be or you're just too busy to notice. And that's where i found myself heading towards hitchin for the 4th weekend of my 6th weekend extravaganza. The CU houseparty came as a welcome break and a place to refocus. 7 hours on an hilarious mini bus (a journey which should have lasted 1.5) certainly meant that barriers were down and that level of honesty that is always required in small group, christiany 'how is God speaking to you?' settings wasn't as much of problem.

Grace bought my scattered longings closer to the source this weekend. Grace which gives me the freedom to hear God's voice say 'come' and to respond knowing im dressed in robes of righteousness. Grace which allows me the freedom to be who I am with God and with others. Grace that i see relfected powerfully in the lives of the chirstians i've encountered in london that i feel able to admit my mistakes, my issues, to cry and accept their ministry and prayers. It's a grace that in the last two years ive been discovering for the first time. I'm being awakened not only to the grace that saves me but the grace that sets me free now. Knowing I live by grace and am part of God's kingdon NOW.

And it's only that grace which draws my scattered longings back to the Source.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home