Friday, November 12, 2004

and off i go...

Having had a weekend home and gingerly stepping on the scales to discover I'd put on half a stone I realised something needed to be done. Exercise has been limited since moving to london. I would like to blame the lack of sports facilties at Goldsmiths for this increase in body mass. And I would be correct in doing so for Goldsmiths, despite it's creative glory will never contribute in raising olympic heores. We have a hall that has the space for one badminton court. The end.

And so I run. Less than 100 yards from my room, set back from the main road is a green expanse. New Cross' answer to a park. And so in the ever watchful winking eye of Canary Wharf and the imposing block of the sociology tower, reminding me my essays await, I push my body round. Ignoring the comments from the men 'hanging out' there, especially when the kids are coming out of school and the youths, dealing. Two, three times until my blood is pumping and my enthusiasm renewed for working. And it feels good. It really does.

3 Comments:

At 12:48 pm, Blogger Maddy said...

lol :) im glad that ure enjoying running, my friend goes running for half an hour or something stupid(!) :)

 
At 8:59 pm, Blogger Richard said...

Here is an honest comment, and not a white lie to make you feel better:

I couldn't tell when i saw you at the weekend that you'd put on any weight at all.

 
At 11:04 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

ah thanks Richard. Thanks too for coming at the weekend. twas good to catch up and see 'nipple photos'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home