Wednesday, May 10, 2006

yay, thames path!

hehe...i had a great afternoon. I got on my bike and cycled the length of my guidebooks 'Thames Path'. It took me from Deptford, along the Thames, through the beautiful Rotherhithe to Tower Bridge, over Tower Bridge (which opened!)then through wapping, Shadwell, Canary Wharf, Isle of Dogs then under the Thames into Greenwich.

It took me about 2.5 hours and was SO cool. The route is so beutiful at points with parks and the river and millionaire flats over looking the water with decking and chairs and flowers and things. There's loads of apartments that have the overhead walkways and cobble streets giving a flavour of London's merchantile past and old industrialisation.

Continuous changing perspectives of the beauty of the meandering river, the hustle and bustle of city life, wealthy flats and people with stories to tell. Green park land filled with sunbathers and darting kids and the looming scapes of canary Warf with it's waterside bars and restaurants. All finished off with an icecream in the wonderful Greenwich!

Any London bloggers fancy joining me sometime?

4 Comments:

At 1:27 pm, Blogger Robin Miller said...

I'm a Londoner, even tho I live in Derby now, I lived there for 18 years and only saw the bridge go up once. Believe me, you were privelidged to be there and see it!! Cool isn't it?

 
At 10:31 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

almost in London...

saw pod today. just.

 
At 10:58 pm, Blogger becci brown said...

hahaha!! yeah, he's a dumb ass. poor dear.

 
At 12:58 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

hard to know whether to symapthise with him or laugh... the real shame was that he was only then with us for an hour, rather than 2-3...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home