Sunday, October 01, 2006

God rocks my socks.

hoozah! I love freshers week...

To cut a long story short...Highlights:

1)Coincidences (?) like meeting a girl who is in my old room in halls, is doing the same course as me and also does kickboxing.
2)More freshers at events than ever before
3)A lunchbar which really havent worked at goldsmiths previously attracted around 30 people
4)A whole mix of Christians and non Christians and exciting stories to listen to from excited freshers about their faith and how God has worked in their being at Goldsmiths
5)A whole host of great gospel comversations. I love the gospel and I love sharing it especially when you get a reaction like: "So when can we start reading the Bible together?"

6)The way God makes me think and do things randomly and then wonder why I havent before...At Freshers fayre I asked a guy if he would be interested in CHristianity Explored (obviously expressed in different words!) We don't actually have a Christinaity Explored course. But now we do. And since then a whole bunch of other conversations have happened and people signed up. God rocks my socks.

4 Comments:

At 11:04 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome stuff Bec! :D keep blogging these exciting things God's doing at Goldsmith's. It's a grrreat encouragement to be reminded afresh how powerful and faithful God is to answer our prayers and use us where we are :)

 
At 9:29 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

" I asked a guy if he would be interested in Christianity Explored...We don't actually have a Christinaity Explored course. But now we do"

This is a mentality we need more of! God will work things out to fill the needs that then arise...

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Amen to that, Bish. God's looking for our willingness to step out of the boat - him being the one that enables us to take those first cautious steps out onto the water.

and the ones after!

 
At 1:35 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Since God is absolutely sovereign, we risk. We don't know what will happen but God will work things for his glory. Risk is right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home