Monday, May 23, 2005

the numericals of life

acts 20.24

24 But I do not count my life of any value to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the good news of God’s grace.


See the thing is. if i get down on my knees before God and ask him to take my life and do with me whatever it takes to make me passionate then that can mean anything. we 'give our lives to God' in pretty easy and trite ways too often without thinking what it really means. Do i have courage and faith enough to truly say 'God do whatever you need to do, whatever it takes'. my health? my body? my mind? my family? my degree? my position in CU? whatever it takes? really? Joni Eareckson did and she landed on her head in the sea and is now paralyzed from the neck down but she's devoted to God in a new way and is just carrying out the ministry God has for her.

do i really not count my life of any value? well if i'm honest i don't. surrender is easy to fake and easy to believe that im in it.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Someone or somebook challenged me on this...(might have been Jack Deere?)

I have no problem when the Bible tells me that Jesus was crucified AT JERUSALEM. A truth statement in scripture.

Yet when the same scriptures tell me that DYING IS GAIN somehow it doesn't compute so easily.

Of course the coming under God's authority and believing his revelation in the first case isn't quite so costly- but same scriptures, same authority...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home